Creo Surfacing: WEEK ONE
This course is specifically designed for designers and engineers to optimize more parametric robust controls for the latest use of Creo Surfacing. It is one of Design Engine’s most popular courses! Those seasoned users looking to gain a high level of Surfacing will increase their aptitude up several notches within just one intense week. We customize our focus on the students’ learning needs and company projects. As with every Design Engine course, we help design engineers learn how to make changes quickly to their models to set them up for becoming surfacing experts faster. This training can also be supplemented with Alias-style techniques utilized in the automotive industry. This class is also the prerequisite for the Design Engine Aircraft Surfacing class.
- Discuss strengths & weaknesses of Creo vs industry standard surfacing products
- Aggressive introduction to Creo Surfacing workflow techniques
- Introduce 3D bounding box or Lattice structures to control organic form
- Learn to initiate the surface modeling process from 2D/ Foam model evaluation
- Learn to contend and manage isoparm & isolines
- Build surfaces from equations and? graph features
- Discuss light reflections from an industrial designer’s perspective with respect to G2 Continuity
- Learn to mitigate 3-part boundary issues by building with 4-part boundaries
- Incorporation of handles for further control
- Discuss the ability to prove form and Ideation techniques inside Creo to achieve rapid 3D iterations
- Discuss in detail surface analysis tools and the practical uses with specific examples
- Leverage robust Creo parametric curves and surfaces using Style tools
- Maintain Draft using surface Sweep functions to control organic forms with Style
Duration & Cost
40 hours = $2700/person
For corporates, please call (312)226-8339
- Change the shape of your model until reaching desired form
- Ten tutorials that illustrate technique through computer examples
- Instructor can customize model examples in class based on participants’ work-based projects
- Bring example work or problematic models for in-context discussions to work during the last day of class
- Build models with 4-part boundaries to mitigate issues
- Learn how to make changes quickly to the models
- Participants keep the training material login and password for life
- Day 1 & 2: focus on constraint based parametric surfacing in Creo
- Day 3: focus on Sweeps and Blend tools, complete with graph and Trajpar equations for controlling geometry precisely.
- Day 3 & 4: focus on the Creo Style tool
- Day 5: dedicated to past or current project problems, plans of attack, or how to approach a Creo surfacing project
Video Training Delivery System
Ask your Design Engine account manager about our Training Delivery System(TDS), an easy-to-follow guide for designers and engineers who want a supplement to this course.?
* Please note that prices listed are based upon pre-payment prior to the start of the class. The TDS is available as an additional cost to this course.