Creo Curves & Surfaces: Week One Alternate
Course Duration: 3 – 5 days
This is the Design Engine WEEK ONE alternate for engineering technicians not interested in learning surfaces to manage form but to use curves and surfaces to get projects completed more efficiently.
Prerequisite: previous experience with Creo?helpful.
Audience: This workshop has been specifically designed to work for those interested in gaining a high level of Creo surfaces used as tools as opposed to managing form with surfaces. Usually, there are less than two or three participants in this workshop, so instructor:student ratio is excellent. This courses includes 5 to 16 hrs of the 16 hr Import Data Doctor class.
This workshop is an intense 3 or 5 days and is perfect for anyone with or without a degree who wants to excel using Creo. This class is also imperative for those engineering technicians looking to be able to manage troublesome issues with ease or to become the go-to person within their organization.
Onsite Training: This and all Design-Engine courses are offered onsite at your facility as well.
The basis for this week-long course is to share the knowledge of tools within Creo for optimizing more parametric robust controls for all geometry including mechanisms.
- Learn workflow to help you get projects done easily using more robust curves and surfaces
- Learn to utilize parameters with relations to drive geometry
- Use Extruded and Swept surfaces to create simple surfaces
- Learn to manage Failed surfaces effectively
- Learn to build thin protrusions from single and merged surfaces
- Use surfaces to effect solid geometry and manage problem solids
- Learn to make imports solids using? powerful Data Doctor tools
- Learn to manage IGES & STEP geometry using the powerful Import Data Doctor
- Pattern & mirror surface copies
- Curves & surfaces with top-down design
- Learn to drive mechanism with curves and surfaces
- Learn to use Surfaces to cut away unwanted geometry easily or to add geometry where using solids might be impossible or unmanageable
- Use surfaces to make changes to ECG or External Copied Geometry where you do not have Windchill permissions to the skeleton part
Participants can take back the username and password for the Design Engine web hosted tutorials to recreate after the class is finished. For additional video training, inquire about our Training Delivery System!
- Discuss Basics of surfacing with four part boundaries and discuss problems with three part boundaries
- Discuss building robust curves to aid in creating draft when the draft feature does not work
- Surfaces as tools not to generate form but to aid in part and feature development
- Discuss using surface copies as time stamps for mirrors and published geometry with examples
- Discuss using curves and surfaces with top-down design
Introduction to parametric constraint based surface modeling & making changes easily utilizing the latest release of Creo. This Creo surfacing course is?developed for seasoned users who want to become proficient learning Creo surfacing in just one week. ?We help participants learn Creo surface modeling, not by reading to you from an exercise or book. In this course we help design engineers learn how to make changes quickly to their models to set them up for becoming surfacing experts faster. As with all Design-Engine classes, participants keep the training material login and password for life.