Creo Surfacing Aircraft Forms
Course Duration: 16 hours
Overview:?If ?you want to work as an engineer in the aircraft industry, this class is a must. ?Discuss different surfacing styles and techniques using air forms with plenty of?examples. Work with curves from points. Learn to create and modify Conics, Spines, & Curves with respect to air forms. Learn to use critical math surfaces with confidence in this workshop.
Prerequisite: This workshop is only for designers, and engineers who have at least taken the One Week Surfacing Intensive. This class is intended to aid participants to master building critical air forms. Prior Creo?surfacing with Creo surfacing?and ISDX is necessary. No prior Aircraft experience is necessary.
- Learn to use mathematically critical curves and surfaces.
- Learn to use Conics and discuss strength of using Conics over Splines.
- Review ISDX (used for blending wing tips into lights or nacelle into wings).
- Lean to use Trajpar Variable to drive critical math using air form examples.
- Create wing fillets and wing tips and discuss concerns with respect to aerodynamics.
- Learn a workflow to use offset surfaces instead of the shell feature command with respect to carbon fiber lay-up techniques or for creating fuel cells.
- Manage concavity and discuss terminology with examples in Creo surfacing that aircraft designers utilize with respect to bifurcation tubes and inlet ducts.
- Discuss modeling technique for creating Nacelles and inlet areas for power plant.
- Learn to use critical math surfaces with confidence in this class.
- Learn to utilize external copy geometry or shrinkwrap to limit liability for secretive air craft geometries so others w/ various levels of clearance can work on geometry.
- Utilize a workflow for managing clearance issues when designing aircraft with surfaces.
- Learn to use the NACA aircraft foil generator for later import into Creo?for wing developments.
- Create or manipulate a stealthy drone Creo?models.
- Discuss various workflow for choosing a NACA wing section and importing that form into Creo?for lofting wings.
- Discuss light reflections from a ground threat radar perspective. Lead a stealth surfacing lecture.
- Discuss building robust curves and benefits of doing so.
- History of NACA and NASA and look at NACA forms as modeling challenges.
- Compare other surface modeling software utilities to?Creo surfacing.
- Discuss modeling techniques for developing Nacelles with respect to performance and low observably.
- Discuss leading edge, angle of attack, relative wind, and cord length as related to modeling airfoils with?Creo surfacing.
- Discuss various techniques for bringing in points from a spread sheet making a wing cross section.
- Discuss modifying other designers models.
- Surface analysis tools and discuss practical uses with examples.
- Discuss surfacing techniques for reverse engineering).
- Discuss creating lofts between various cross sections with examples using air forms as examples.
- Nacelle modeling challenges.
- utilizing internet resources for NACA sections.
- Working with Aerodynamics Engineers
- Aircraft Vocabulary.